Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Years!

OI Familia and EVERYONE!!
So first off thanks so much for the amazing packages, letters, and e-mails! I feel so loved!! And mom the new years package was amazing! When I saw the bubbles I got so excited! Sister kemp and I are so excited to play with them! Really we about died! haha And thanks so much for the christmas presents! I love the scarf and every thing that I got! I wore the scarf on christmas! I took some pictures so one day I'll get them to you! oh and perfect timing with the watch! I really needed one so Obirgada!
So before I get started with the week could you by chance send me my picture of the manti temple? and also the picture of christ and the boy talking on the bench? It called lost and found. Its in a frame in my room. But could you send it without the frame? Thanks so so so much! Love you!
So it sounds like christmas was amazing! Glad you had fun! But I can't believe you didn't do light the way?!! Thats like one of my favorite traditions oh well if it made things more relazing thats all good! And Stephanie and Patrick joined in on our families talent thingy? I bet that just added the perfect touch! that would have been super funny! Christmas was amazing here at the MTC! Really it was! I'm so glad I got to experience it here! Elder Russell m nelson came and spoke to us Saturday for the devotional. It was so good! the spirit was strong! He read the christmas story and talked about missionary work. It was so cool! And his wife spoke as well. She is the cutest lady ever! On sunday she spoke in relief society and she is so funny! the spirit was super strong also and I just loved it! She talked about prayer and how amazing our missions will be. Also obedience and all the great stuff. Sorry I'm kinda brushing over everything! I really am pressed for time and hate that I am! But yes christmas was so AMAZING!! maybe I'll get some more time and I'll tell you about it in detail. But yeah gotta love Christmas in the MTC! oh yeah the talent show was like a year and a half long! So glad I didn't play in it!
Oh so about my district leader getting his apendex out. So he got it out on thursday and then he was back Christmas eve night! Crazy huh! He was up and walking and everything! Crazy! Miracles do happen! And the other elder is already back as well. crazy crazy! Seriously was a miracle!
So tonight for New years we have another Devotional. I'm pretty excited about it! I'm not sure who it will be but I'm sure it will be great! I'll keep ya posted about that one when I get the chance. But yeah thats really all thats planned for tonight. Except after the sisters in my district, comp and I are going to celebrate with the new years package you sent! Also one of the sisters in my district got sent some Martinelies. Hahe can't spell! But yes we'll be having a party for sure! I hope your all have blast tonight! Tell Jason and Jamie I say hi! Well I guess they will read this so HI!!
Thats excited Kelley and keiths family are in Disneyland! Hope the lines arn't forever long! But have a blast and tell me all about it when you get back for sure! Also Lindsey I sent off a letter for you last week so you should get it by the time you get back! hopefully!
Sorry kenna you got two teeth pulled! not fun! but glad your feeling better!
ahh time is running short. k one more thing about my week. So my teacher Irmao allred started talking about one of the members in his mission in Brazil. It reminded me a lot about Grandad gregory and during the story I started to get teary eyed! he kept looking over at my like "what's wrong with this sister!" haha but yeah after he told the story he kept saying " I don't know why I just told that story but ever since I woke up this morning I couldn't get it out of my head." Well after he said that I shared the story of why I chose to go on a mission and the miracle I saw in our family after Grandmom passed away. It was so tough holding back the tears! the spirit was so strong. It was like grandmom was there with me! Crazy! But yeah after that it made me realize more and more why I am here. I get to share this message with so many families in brazil! I get to tell them the greatest news! Families can be together forever!! ahh best day ever! Sorry if i don't make much sense! But yes the spirit is continually strong everyday! I love it here at the MTC! So glad I chose to come when I did! I met the new missionaries in my district the other day. They were super cool and everything but I am so glad I came when I did because I just absolutely love my companiion and the elders and sisters in my district! They are all so amazing! I wish I had more time! I'll work on a letter soon and if you have any questions about what I had said just let me know! I'd love to tell you more!
ok well the church is true! SO true! And I can't wait to see what the next 17 and half months bring! Crazy I"ve been here already for two weeks! Time is a flyin by!
I love you all!
Amor,
Sister Gregory!!

No comments: