Monday, May 23, 2011

Baptisms, Violin & Brazilian BBQ!

Olha minha Familia e Amigos!
Tudo bem? Como voces sua semana?! Obrigada por muito cartas e amor! Eu amo p-day!! haha ok I´ll stop with the lovely Portuguese!
So this week was wonderful! There was a day or two that dragged but no worries life here in Brazil is just lovely! So....guess what! The Baptizims happened yesterday!! I was a little worried since in Alabama they never worked out but they happened and all three brothers are baptized!! ahhh! So the baptism service was really good! President swenson and his wife came so it was great having them there. they spoke in sacrament meeting and from what I understood they gave some really great talks. so the baptism service was really great but like always things here in brazil are just a little different than I expect. Everything here in brazil is rush and loud but hey its the brazilian way so I better get use to it! I did play my violin for the service and according to everyone it was bonita! hahe beautiful. SO yeah it was great being able to play twice this past week. But yeah after the baptism, Joao (I found out later that day) was so excited. He was running around super excited saying I´m baptized! I´m a member of the church! haha he´s a funny little boy. So yeah after the baptism we went to the stake presidents house or some president´s house for some good brazilian BBQ! oh it was so good! I got some good pictures so someday when I figure out how to send pictures out you´ll get to see them! haha but yeah lunch was great! Then last night was probably the highlight of my week. We had family home evening with the Vargas family over at the ward mission leader´s house. the vargas family is the family of the three boys that got baptized yesterday. We watched the movie the testaments. It went really well and after guess what! we commited the parents or I guess mostly the dad to be baptized on July 30!! whoot whoo! the parents aren´t married just like every other couple here in brazil so they have to get married before they get baptized so it should be interesting! but yeah the parents are super excted and oh I just love the vargas family! they are officially my Brazilian family! The dad Giamar really liked church and the baptizimal service. He said that every thing yesterday was really good for him. And Lisandra the mom wants everything really bad just the not married part and the fact that they smoke like every half hour is getting in the way. But who says thats going to impossible? I don´t! I´m super excited for this family! just in case you didn´t know that already!
hmmmm what else happend this week? oh we had Zone conference! it was a little different since everything was in portuguese! haha oh well I guess I better get use to it. But it was a really great meeting and playing the violin was like always wonderful! Its pretty interesting everytime I play I feel like I do horrible. I really feel like i do but then after everyone tells me things like you made me cry blah blah blah. haha so either they are tone deaf or the being set apart as a missionary changes things haha! but yeah I´m glad I can even play the violin and share it with everyone here in brazil!
hmmmm so the language is coming along just wonderfully. I understand more and more and well the talking part isn´t the greatest but I've decided to just have fun with it and laugh. like for example last night we were doing contacts and i talked with a family. I said, hi how are you? I´m a missionary. whats your name? I told them I had a message about God and families because family are central to God´s plan. Can we return to your house another day? haha they just looked at me with blank stares. I laughed and said Intengi? they said nope! So i repented it again and they understood it the second time I laughed and said Obrigada!! haha we all laughed and I had to ask for their names like a billion times. names here in brazil are so different! i never remember names or numbers! hah a oh well i guess thats my goal for this next week!
well thanks for everything ya´ll! oh bryson! FELIZ ANNIVERSARIO NO DOMINGO!! happy birthday on Sunday! I hope its just wonderful!!
Have a wonderful week everyone!!
love you all!! EU AMO VOCES MUITO!!
-Sister Gregory

No comments: