Monday, May 16, 2011

Brazil, spiders & grass drinks

Oi Tudo bem minha familia and amigos?
SO this past week has been pretty amazing yet different! Oh so I totally thought I wouldn´t be able to e-mail today! because the place where we e-mail was closed for some random reason. I was a bit worried! but we got things figured out and found another place! woot whoo e-mail!
So I read through your e-mails really quick and if I have time i´ll reply but it sounds like everything is going grand at home! And as for me in brazil things are grand as well. I am happy to report I´m understanding more portuguese everyday! I´m still loving brazil but not so much this interesting keyboard. the letters are off and the keys are sticking! haha so if this letter is a bit strange now ya know! ok so about this week! so we have our first baptisms this coming Sunday! yay! Gregory, Gabriel and Joao. They are brothers and super excited for this sunday. I´m super excited as well! They are so ready and just can´t wait! It was pretty cool because gregory and gabriel both had ear peircings and this past week sister modesto ask for them to hand them over. they were a bit hesitant but they did. Gabriel for the first couple days kept asking for them back but I think now he´s ok. And gregory is super cool. He dosen´t want them anymore! I was talking ok not talking but listening to him and sister modesto talk and man he´s totally going on a mission in a few years! Its gotta be the name. Only true gregorys know whats right! haha but yeah I´m super excited as you can tell and I´ll keep you up dated this next week with how it all goes. oh gregory is 15, gabriel 13, and joao is 11. They have a younger brother but he´s like 3 or something and their parents don´t want to join but are really excited for their sons. but little do they know they´ll be members someday I just know it!
hmm... what else. The food here is amazing! I´ll decided i´ve got to cut down on the food I eat at lunch or I just might gain a load of pounds here in brazil! haha oh man. The other day we made lasagna with the ward mission leaders wife. oh it was so good! I´ll have to send the recipe to yall soon or something. they have that grass drink a lot here. I decided I better force myself to like it or I might have to turn down alot of people! so I have to say I like it just a bit more!
oh man gotta run! and there is a huge spider that just landed behind my computer and I freaking out just a little... yup i hate spiders. oh before I forget and get eaten by the spider. tomorrow the mission is having a special meeting! and I get to play my lovely violin! I´ll let you know how it goes!
well I don´t know where the spider went so I´m going to run before it pops out of no were.
well I love you all so so so MUCH!!
-sister gregory

No comments: