Monday, January 23, 2012

Loving Missionary Work


New Year's




Playing in the streets of Brazil

Olha!!
I´ll try my best to explain some things that my mission president has done to help us
missionaries out and to send a recipe or two and to give you some
facts about brazil! so where to start! ok I´ll start with the food. so
right now its summer so we eat a lot of fruit. its grape season so
we´ve been drinking alot of grape juice . but usually in every home
for lunch we drink natural grape juice or something like that. Here in
porto algre they have alot of peaches, strawberries, bananas hmmm what
else? oh right now its watermelon season to!! so yeah enough with the juice. so yeah
what ever season it is we usually will drink natural juice or soda.
like orange soda, sprite or a soda called guardana. they only have
this soda here. but its super good! you´ll try it out some day!
hmmm... ok so your typical meal is black beans, rice, some type of
meat and cut up tomatoes, lettuce and onions. so here is an idea for
you mom! make some yummy juice, rice, black
beans (look up how you make black beans here ok i would send you a
recipe but I´ve never made them... i do have a recipe that i could
send maybe next week) they are known for the black beans, then for a
salad cut up some tomatoes and onions and put them in a bowl and stir
in vinager, salt and olive oil, then make a lasagna! haha I can send
you a easy recipe next week but just buy a lasagna ready if its easier
for you. then for dessert you can make a fruit salad and put some whip
cream on top.

here is a recipe for home made whip cream. egg white and
sugar. for every egg white you need I think two or three spoon fulls
of sugar. beat together in the mixer and when its not runny its ready!

there are alot of great recipes for dessert here just look up some
recipes for `Puddin` or some yummy tasty brazilian desserts! I´ll try
my best to send some recipes next week.
ok so about the mission. my presidents number one rule is to smile. to
always be happy no matter what! it really help out alot! he is always
so happy and just willing to help out with what ever!

hmmm what do you
want to know? so sister swenson is always helping out with the health
issues. right now we have to drink like 5 bottle of water each day.
its super hot here! and the misquitos don´t help to much. the nights
are super hot and we just have one fan. we are going to buy three more
because we are allowed to have one fan for each missionary. so hmmm...
ok the misquitos are eating me a live! my legs and arms are covered!!
it really looked like I have chicken pox! I´m not kidding! wake up
nightly ichy and sweating from the heat! but hey the gospel is so true
and i just love being a missionary! so its all worth it!

so yeah in
every house we enter they offer something. like juice, crackers, fruit,
a dessert or what ever they just finished cooking. we eat a lot. no
joke! but yeah its great. we have to talk to 10 peopel every day on
the street to find new people. and hmmm.... really the mission is
wonderful!! we walk and walk miles everyday in the sun. I load on sun
screen and walk with my unbrella while people yell asking me if its
going to rain. or its not raining. but hey I like my unbrella! it
makes me feel like a princess!! haha but really I don´t know what you
want to know?!

but this past week as i am now training have really
gained an appreiciation for the misison. its the greatest decision
I`ve ever made. this past week everyone is telling me that I am so close
to ending the mission. and you know what? it really hurts to say that
I leave in june. I really will have to end this mission. I love the
happiness it brings to me and the people here. the peopel are so
loving and really understanding and want to hear our message. A few
times throughout the day we get the same replies like I am going to
another church, i´m busy, and rarely they will be blunt and say I don´t
believe in god. this upset my comp. she started crying and I pulled
her aside and asked her what happened? I was use to these replies but
with her first week out this bothered her. She told me how could you
not believe in god when you have children? this woman was holding her
son. I told my comp you know what? its so important to remember to
keep a smile on your face. they have their agency and our job is to
let everyone know that we are misssionares and here to help them come
unto christ. people will reject us daily but as we keep a smile on our
face and do everything on our part we will fulfill our purpose. its
tough sometimes but its not worth getting down about things like this.
there will be trillions of moments that will be tough on the mission
but if we can keep our chin up and be happy the misison will be so
much better and we will walk away a wonderful person!

ok I really
don´t know what you wanted to know. I really got to get running so if
I left somthing out just send your questions next week.
so my comps name is sister Tamily! she is absolutely amazing! I love
serving with her! she really came prepared into the mission! I really
don´t feel like I´m training at all! we are already like best friends
too! our goal this transfer to reactivate family and baptize families!
the bishop wants us to visit one family in the ward each day to help
reactvate people. also there are alot of families with one or more non
members so yeah this will help out lots! so yeah this past week was
full of miracles and just was wonderful to get out everyday and work
like crazy! being a missionary is fun!!!
well I will send you a picture really quick! so gotta run! oh
almost forgot. Fragata to porto alegre is three hours and agronomia to
porto alegre is like 30 min.
sorry if I didn´t resond to everything!! next week I´ll try better!
hAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!! HOPE ITS AMAZING!!
I´ll let sister Daniele know what president said also!
Thanks love you!! Te amo!
sister Gregory

No comments: