Monday, January 30, 2012










I will tell you about my week now and as I do this I will send pictures over and
explain about investigators and the situations we are dealing with
right now!
So first things first! the misquitos have gone away!!! we finally got
two more fans. We close our windows at night so the misquitos don´t
come in and if they do come in they get blown away!! hahah so yeah my
arms and legs have stopped iching and are starting to get back to
normal! whahoo!! by the way I did try repelant many times but... that
didn´t help to much. about an hour or so later I would wake up iching
but no worries things are really getting better! also its still pretty
hot here! but you know what its just a part of the brazilian lifestyle

well I am absolutely love serving with sister Tamily. She is teaching
me so much everyday. like for example everyday we have to talk to 10
new people on the street or clapping doors. well she shares her
testimony super stong with each of them. I got into a habit of saying
about the same thing with every person so it got boring and tireing
and i was wanting to know how to make things fun and exciting again.
well I paid more attention and bam! I noticed how she was sharing her
testimony so much so yeah this is my goal to just share what i know!
so guess what! this past week we had a leadership meeting here and
guess what!! one of the assitants to the president that served in
Agronomia after me told me that one of the random people that i talk
to on the street him and his family are getting baptized!! how cool!!
Every day we record everything and all the addresses that we got in
our area book so yeah this is were they found this person. I
absolutely don´t remember this person but they remember me somewhat.
they remeber that some blond American talked to them. So yeah the
elders were like `sister Gregory!`haha I have a lovely accent here so
people can tell right off I´m american but yeah at least what I did in
Agronimia really worked! They are going to send me a picture of this
family and I have plans to write them a letter soon.
hmmm so yeah guess what! we have three people preparing to be baptized
right now!! Anderson who is a cousin to roberta. Roberta is the
daughter to Roberto and Ana Lucia. He is like another Jeferson! just
wants to be baptized. He had been taught by missionaries years back
and has visited the church many different times. like stake and
general conferences with his cousin Roberta. Well he came to stake
conference about two weeks ago. we set up a teaching appointment and
then the first time we taught him we invited him to be baptized and he
accepted!! how cool huh!! we also asked him why he likes this church
he said he likes what we do as missionaries. right then I thought man
he will be a great future missionairy!! so yeah he did have a baptize
date for saturday but... his mom is a little intense... the other
night after we taught him he went to is cousins house for a bit and
since he lives pretty far away and didn´t go home right after his mom
got nervous and for a bit no one could find him. well late that night
they found him walking on some street. so yeah she got really nervous
and well doesn´t want him to have anything to do with church right
now... so yeah we will visit him and his parents this week to get
things settle and just great again. just got to love situations like
this huh?!! haha well don´t worry we will do our best and soon enough
he´ll be baptized right along with his mom! hahah
well right now we are working alot with families! we found cris and
ekesle. Cris is a ward member´s sister. But his ward member is less
active along with her family. So yeah this less active family is in
the area of the sisters and cris and her two boys are in our area. so
us sisters are working with these two familes. well the first visit
with cris and her son we found out that missionaries had taught them
years back but weren´t baptized because she was living with the dad of
one of her boys marino. Also she had issue about accepting baptism
because she was baptized in the catholic church. well she is
separtated now from this ex-boyfriend/husband and has been for the
past two years. we also explained how we have the authority of god
only in this church and explained the whole thing about the apostasy and
the restoration. we invited them to be baptized but they didn´t accept
it the first visit. well we marked 3 nephi chap 11 for her to read.
the next visit she told us she read that chapter and now wanted to be
baptized because she is worried about being condeemed haha so yeah her
and her son will be baptized feb 18th! how cool is that!
so yeah our difficulty that you have your missionaires share their
experiences and testimonies about is getting our investiagators to
church. they all want to head to the beach sunday for some reason. so
yeah need some help with that. Also just have them share their
testimony of the book of mormon and why they know it to be true. also
maybe some help when quiting smoking and how going to church, reading
the book of mormon could help. I hope this helps you out!! I will now
send more pictures over and explain some situations ok!!
well I love you all!! have a wonderful week!!
-Sister Gregory

-P.S. SIster Daniele´s parents said its alright if she gets home
friday. so yeah I will write her a letter tell her that she has to let
the people know that will be settin up her flight plans!
also for Jeremy: I am finishing a letter to you that in this letter I
replied to your e-mails! Also let kailee know that it was wonderful
getting a e-mail from her!! made my day!!

No comments: