Monday, February 13, 2012


Olha! so thanks so much for the wonderful e-mails! I´m really not sure
how much time I´ll have today to reply to e-mails. but tell Mark and
Denee and their family thanks so much for the e-mail! I was actually
thinking of them this past week and how I need to write them! So yeah
it was nice to hear from them! I will try to squeeze in the time today
to reply to their e-mail.
So I really am a bit tired! Its been pretty hot this past week so it
been pretty tiring. also this morning we visited the beach! cool huh!
a ward member that is like our mom/sister here took us to the beach to
take pictures and just see the beach here. we took a lot of pictures
that I will send to yall probably next week because I don´t have my
cord to hook in the computer. So yeah it was some great fun but.. I'm

just on the tired side.
So yeah this past week was pretty great. I can´t say our numbers were
great but the baptism for Anderson really happened! It was on the
stressful side but it did happen. So Thursday we planned to have his
baptism interview 6pm at the church. well he has difficulty arriving

on time to things so about 7pm after the Elders had arrived late also,
we called him up but he was just barely leaving his house. So since we
had a family night planned with a family in the ward at 7 I figured it
would be best to reschedule the interview for the following day. It
was a risky move since it would be the same day as the baptism. so
yeah the following day Friday we had a conference with our Zone. So

President and sister Swenson came into town. the Conference was super
good! I always love these conferences! By the way thanks for the
package! I wasn´t expecting another package! I was thinking I wouldn´t
be getting any more! but yeah towards the end of the conference
President asked everyone who would have a baptism that night. well
sister Tamily and I were the only missionaries! He then said that him
and sister Swenson would be watching it tonight. He asked was time,
where, who and what about the baptism. I was pretty nervous! It was
scheduled to happen but things could move and change after the

interview also I was worried that Anderson would be pretty late
showing up to the interview and baptism. Man I was just pretty
stressed out. Also was worried that there wouldn´t be that many people
to show up to watch the baptism. well anywho to get to the point of
the story we called everyone in the ward, Anderson did show up about
one hour late to the interview but right on time for the baptism!
Things really did turn out wonderfully and president gave us congrats
and just was proud of us! So yeah It was great. Then Sunday came
around church started and Anderson wasn´t there! oh my goodness got
stressed out again. I was thinking man this kid has got to show up or
he won´t get confirmed! and one week without being confirmed is pretty
risky. well in the end he showed up along with roberto, and all their
family right as the sacrament was being passed. He then got confirmed

after the sacrament. So yeah as you can tell I was a little stressed
this weekend! haha but I learned that I need to trust in the Lord just
a bit more and have more faith in my investigators. I am trying hard
to improve these things. but yeah really this week was a great one!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!! I have to do something fun like make heart
shaped cookies or something tomorrow. and guess what else! I´ve
officially been out here in the field for 1 year! can you believe
that! how cool!
oh so Cris and Ekesle are still scheduled to be baptized feb 24th. we
tried rescheduling things for this past week but they said they didn´t
feel ready and thought it would be better to be baptized after the
youth conference this weekend. so yeah feb 24 will be the baptism for
them! I am so happy for them. They are progressing right along!
I´m glad to know that Hannah Butterfield got my letter! I really
didn´t plan on it coming the week that you guys did your mini mission
but how cool I could be apart of everything! Thats great to know

that one more missionary is heading out from our ward. Go Troy Gajdos!
So the goal for 8 baptismal dates is really the mission goal for each
week. but this past week and now one more week its the mission focus.
We are doing a thing called Operation Salvation. Each week we have a
new focus. If we are able to accomplish the goals each week at the end
of the month we will get rewarded by having a party with pizza, ice
cream and soda. Also we work in teams. Our teams are our districts so
yeah we each have to do our part or our Disitrict will loose. so yeah
Its a little bit of pressure but its helping the mission progress a
bit!
Thanks for letting me know when its Jane b-day! I'll put that date on my

calendar so I won´t forget!
So there are offically two more weeks left of this transfer! We will
have transfers Feb. 27. I am really thinking I´ll get transfered
because I don´t know but I just have the feeling that my time is up
here. so yeah I am trying my best to finish things up here in my
beloved Fragata!!
Thanks for sending over SIster Kemps e-mail! Its been a long time
since I´´ve heard from her! I sent her a letter but its been a long
time coming to get her reply. I hope shes doing great! It sound like
we both are having the same feelings about loving the mission and how
things are sure passing by.
Thanks for the updates with the politics and such. I'm rooting for mitt

Romney! Hope things work out.
Sorry my e-mail is on the boring side. I will try better next week.
But sure do love you all!
Well thanks for everything! Till next week!
-sister Gregory

No comments: