Monday, October 10, 2011

Life with 4 sister missionaries!

Oi todo mundo!
So thanks so much for all the e-mails!! So really quick I´ll try to sum up this week! so first things first. So yeah the language really is coming along. You want to know why? so this past tuesday we had a meeting with some senior missionaries. They came to our Zone/district meeting to talk about some gardening plan. Don´t really know how to explain it but yeah they only spoke english and spanish. So they spoke half in spanish and the other half in english. Well I was sitting with of course all the sister missionaries. And when they would speak english and the elder translating for them wouldn´t translate everything I would translate for the other sisters. Well the meeting went on and I actually was able to translate english to portuguese! haha well I was a little confused (haha whats new) about one of the things they started to talk about so I had to ask it in english. haha so I started to attempt to speak english but guess what? the only words I would think of were portuguese! how embarassing!! I couldn´t get the english out! And what english that did come out was pretty broken english. LIke for example ``you want done in 3 day`` haha oh goodness how embarassing! Everyone started laughing because Sister Daniele said ``she has forgotten english!`` well she sure was right! haha my brain is so mixed up! haha I can understand, write and read english well but speaking that just another story! haha lets just say I better find some great friends at home that speak portuguese! haha oh gotta love the gift of tongues. maybe I should start practicing english?
haha well you want to know something else that is pretty funny? So in our apartment we have four sisters right? well we have two sets of bunk beds all of us sleep in the same room but study in separate rooms with our comps. Well today I found out how weird we all are. sister Negreiros and sister Dos Anjos snore and I mean big time. like they have their own snoring chorus nightly. One night I apparently joined in on this chorus. Then you have sister Daniele who uses ear plugs. then you have me. One night a transfer I snore and apparently for a good 10 min last night I started to talk in my sleep. sister Dos Anjos said I yelled a bit and well she couldn´t understand one word. yup. and she doesn´t think I even spoke english. haha bah I think my brain is pretty confused with the languages. haha then you have sister Negreiros who randomly started turning on the lights and waking up everyone at about 5 in the morning but I was alseep through all of this. And well lets just say she doesn´t remember one min of this. yup we are all offically going nuts...
ok so enough about the randomness and just funny moments! So this past week we had divisions with the sisters in the south part of the mission! I was with Sister vicente. She is from sao Paulo. it was super fun serving with her. We talked about pretty much our entire lives together and didn´t stop talking for the entire division. She is so funny. I pretty much asked one question and then she got talking about everything. well we witnessed quite a few miracles. We got in doors that I´ve been trying to get into all transfer long. we saw a frog on the side of the road. We got a reference from a member that I´ve been trying to get all transfer long and then we ended the night with buying doce de pelotas! pretty much this is a dessert thing that pelotas is known for. Well it was just a little switch to things!
well I´d love to write more but I´ve gotta run...
but you all have a wonderful week!
eu te amo!
-Sister Gregory

No comments: